Department: AFPC EH DH
Agency: U.S. Air Force - Agency Wide
Job Announcement Number: AFPCACQEH-954138-1150
SALARY RANGE: $57408 to $106369/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 to Monday, March 31, 2014
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1150-11/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Vandenberg AFB, CA
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice; under this recruitment procedure, each location/ installation, identified in this Public Notice will accept applications and make selections for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
These positions are being filled under Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority, The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority to appoint certain Civilians to positions designated pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improve Act (DAWIA); positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship is required
Travel and relocation expenses will/will not/may be paid
Recruitment incentives may be authorized
· The primary purpose of this position is to apply a practical knowledge of the nature and operations of electronic/telecommunications industries (including materials, equipment, facilities, methods and practices) to plan, assess, advise, monitor, and resolve problems of operations, maintenance and acquisitions. Provide specialized expertise in maintenance management and to provide oversight of complex maintenance operations.
· Assist the Program Manager in complex maintenance operations; monitoring contractor production progress and identifying factors that may impact performance.
· Coordinates maintenance support request with launch operations and other activities.
· Reviews contractors manpower to assure optimum cost effectiveness by performing a detailed review of any contractor suspected of manpower deficiencies, prepares written reports and briefings with recommended actions, and briefs higher-level personnel.
· Reviews and evaluates technical proposals for engineering, fabrication, construction, installation and security plans, etc. of various projects submitted by contractors.
· Supports engineering office by reviewing statements of work prior to request for proposal.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
Applicant's must have 1 year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include practical knowledge of electronics and telecommunications industry operations (aircraft, missiles, and construction), methods, processes and procedures; planning and administering industrial quality control and inspection systems and programs; comprehensive survey and analysis of industrial operations, organization, capacity, etc.; interpreting and applying contract clauses and government acquisition regulations; and development of plans to determine material requirements and/or schedules for production management
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., with a major study in business administration, industrial management, engineering, applied sciences, or other fields related to the position.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable. Only graduate level education in excess of a master's degree may be used to qualify.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-11) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include knowledge of electronics and telecommunications industry operations (including materials, equipment, facilities), methods, processes and procedures; planning and administering industrial quality control and inspection systems and programs; comprehensive survey and analysis of industrial operations, organization, capacity, etc.; interpreting contract clauses; reviewing and analyzing contractually required performance plans; and development of plans to determine material requirements and/or schedules for production management ; applying government acquisition regulation and develop technical specifications for acquisition of services and/or commodities.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1100/industrial-specialist-series-1150/ and http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Practical knowledge of electronics and telecommunications industry operations, methods, processes and procedures applicable to operations/maintenance.
2. Knowledge of industrial organizations, management, and business practices sufficient to serve as consultant to contractor personnel and technical representatives to a program manager and/or contracting officer.
3. Knowledge of acquisition planning processes and development of performance work statements and ability to interpret acquisition documents, ensure contract compliance, analyze organization and operation problems, and develop timely and economical solutions.
4. Knowledge of procedures for preparing solicitation documents and ability to analyze industrial productions operations, organizational structure, and resource utilization to evaluate contractor capability and performance potential.
5. Ability to develop technical specification for the acquisition of services and/or commodities, interpret blueprints, specifications, and drawings.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your complete application will be reviewed against the qualifications required for the position being filled.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, March 31, 2014
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 954138. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
1) Resume (must include beginning/ending month & year for each employment period)
2) Transcripts (must contain the university logo, can be a copy)
3) Registration/License, active, current registration as required by this Public Notice
4) Veterans Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10 point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:After you submit your application, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
The length of time your application will remain active will vary based on the closing date of this Public Notice.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
AF EH DH RNT
AF EH DH
follow the instructions on the notice
in HOW TO APPLY TAB